|Median Home Value||$1,817,000|
About Schools in Kihei
- For elementary kids, there is Kihei Elementary, Kamalli Elementary, Kihei Charter School, and Montessori Hale O Keiki.
- High schoolers can attend the brand new Kihei High School, opening in 2022, or Kihei Charter School.
- By the way, Kihei High School, with its brand new 70-acre campus, will the be the first new-zero energy school in the state, so it will produce as much or more energy than it uses.
- High schoolers can also attend Kahuahana Christian School.
About Shopping in Kihei
- There are three places to get groceries in Kihei, Maui Fresh, ABC Store and Foodland. All three are within walking distance from each other on South Kihei Road.
- Kihei also has regular department stores like Target, Safeway and Walmart and tons of boutique shops selling handcrafted items.
Kihei | Extras
- Kihei holds a town party every fourth Friday of the month. It’s an excellent opportunity to become acquainted with the community and a chance to enjoy live music, dancing, eating and other fun activities
- Home to the Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary, Kihei is a great place to spot the vast mammals out on the ocean.
- Almost all Kihei beaches allow for wonderful swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. Kamaole Beach Parks I, II, & III all have lifeguard towers, restroom facilities, barbecue, volleyball courts, snorkeling, and excellent swimming.
- Nightlife here includes karaoke spots, dance clubs and sports bars, ensuring Kihei nights are just as fun as its days.
- For those who love to swim, there is Kihei Aquatic Centre, open to all ages.
- The word kihei in Hawaiian means cape, blanket or shawl.