|Median Home Value||$152,876|
About Schools in Spreckelsville
The top three schools in Sprecklesville are Fernwood Elementary School (grades K-5), Maui High School and Pleasant Grove Junior College Preparatory Academy.
About Shopping in Spreckelsville
There are a couple of grocery stores in town. Safeway is right across from Coconut Beach Hotel. There’s also Foodland Grocery & Liquor on South Kihei Road and Wailea Ike Market. McDonald’s is close by. Mana Food carries groceries and health items, cosmetics, etc. All kinds of big box stores are located in nearby Kahalui.
Spreckelsville | Extras
- Sprecklesville was founded by a German-American business man, Claus Spreckels, in 1878 as a company town that grew sugar cane. Soon it became the largest sugar plantation in the world, capable of processing twenty tons of sugar per hour and the first to use rail for transport.
- Sprecklesville Beach is a two-mile stretch of untouched beaches punctuated by lava outcrops and tide pools. Extending from west to east, this beach is comprised of smaller beaches: Camp One, Sprecks Beach, Lobster Cove, Sugar Cove and Baby Beach.
- Baby Beach got its name thanks to the calm, clear, protected waters that are easy enough for young children to play in.
- Sprecks Beach is a favorite for windsurfers.
- The Maui Country Club is located in Spreckelsville and offers golf, tennis, and fitness classes, along with excellent dining and numerous events and weddings throughout the year.