|Median Home Value||$1.04 M|
About Schools in Wailea
- For public schools, there is Kaahumanu Elementary School (K-5), Kihei High & Intermediate School (6-8), and Valley Isle Alternative Center (9-12).
- Marist School is a small college preparatory school with boarding on Maui. It operates as an independent non-profit with close to 300 students of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds from Hawaii and around the world.
About Shopping in Wailea
- Several high-end resorts sell groceries in boutique shops.
- Holoholo Market is located in Marriott Wailea Beach Resort lobby.
- The Shops at Wailea are chock full of gorgeous art galleries and luxury shops.
- MAKANA Market + Cafe sells all kinds of artisan foods, coffee, fine wine, and gifts.
- Island Gourmet Markets is a high-end grocery with gifts and a deli. Anything that can’t be found in Wailea can be found up the main drag into Kihei.
Wailea | Extras
- The word Wailea translates to “water of Lea”. Lea was the goddess of canoe builders in ancient Hawaii.
- The Wailea Gold Golf Course is a must for serious golfers who love a challenge and ocean breezes. Each year, Wailea hosts a number of fabulous events that attract visitors from around the world, including the Maui Film Festival, Taste of Wailea, Wailea Food & Wine Festival, and Wailea Restaurant Week. Lovers of film will enjoy panels, award ceremonies and premieres at the film festival, and Maui’s top chefs showcase their work during Restaurant Week and the Food & Wine Festival.
- There are five hotels tucked into Wailea, some quite opulent, like the Grand Wailea Resort Hotel and Spa and the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea.