|Median Home Value||$690,400|
About Schools in Wailuku
There are six schools in Wailuku, five public and one private, with about 4,769 students attending: Waihee Elementary School, Wailuku Elementary School, Puu Kukui Elementary School, Iao Intermediate School, and Henry Perrine Baldwin High School.
About Shopping in Wailuku
Wooden storefronts around Market Street showcase dozens of mom-and-pop businesses, some which have been in operation for generations. Tucked amongst them are modern boutiques, along with chic cafes and coffee shops. Groceries are available at Foodland and Safeway, and a good number of big box stores, where home building materials, toys, groceries, and other goods can be purchased, are available just ten minutes away In Kahului, where there’s also a Whole Foods.
Wailuku | Extras
- The Maui Bowling Center, which has hosted a strong number of local bowling leagues is located in Wailuku.
- The town celebrates local arts and culture with its monthly First Friday, when Market Street is close off to vehicular traffic for the evening.
- Visitors can discover over 20 of the area’s historical and cultural attractions in the “Rediscover Wailuku” tour, which showcases Bailey House Museum, the historic Iao Theatre, and old Kaahumanu Church, among others.
- Just five minutes away, is the Waikapu Valley where Maui Tropical Plantation offers visitors great shopping, coffee roasting, views organic farming, an award winning restaurant, ziplining, a duck pond, and fantastic views.
- A municipal golf course with great ocean views, Waiehu Municipal Golf Course is located in Wailuku.
- Some Wailuku residents make use of Mendes Ranch for long horseback rides along the coast of Maui and views that are simply staggering.
- The historic IAO Theater is always an interesting place to visit on a lazy day in Wailuku, even better to catch a show.